Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Log Book - Flying Blind ( Sept 08 )




Category: Life
Quick note
Another antidote from LadyBugs Log Book - LOL
Saturday morning ...
Keith is late and the rest of the Flash Point
Team members are getting "antsy"
I offered to walk the dives with them so
they could work on the mechanics
We moved out to the creepers to look at
the angles
Stevie makes the 20 minute call ...
STILL no Keith
They ask me if I feel up to putting it in the air
What the heck
I suited up and decided to give it a go
Heck - if they were asking ME to join THEM I
would be STUPID not too ...
Lets look at the big picture here
I have NEVER flown Outside Centre
I have NEVER done Block 4 or 1 ( though I didn't
tell them that )
Up we go - only to 10.5 as they were doing a
"mock up meet"
I gave the count
Not bad for someone who rarely - if ever does that
Out the door - and the exit flew !
WOW
I'm feeling froggy now ..
Then - just coming down off the hill - POP
Off comes my helmet
Johnny balked and backed out of the formation
I knew this was a defining moment in MY skydiving
"career"so I opted to just keep on going
I couldn't "see" and was way over stimulated but by
implementing my faithful arousal control techniques -
straight from my Bri and Kaptain Kirk notes - I was at
least able to stay in the scheme of things
It wasn't pretty - I can tell you that - but we did
manage to get thru two pages - even with all the
shenanigans
Most important for me - no wigging out
I did "my job"
I completed the dive
When I got to the ground I even found my helmet -
albeit a little bruised and battered
Now - I feel like an "almost" real skydiver
~me~
PS Thanx for the GREAT memories guys and let
me know if you need an alternate for Nationals - LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment