Sunday, September 11, 2011

Log Book Entry 9-11-11

Yup ...
10 year anniversary since the Twin Tower "event"
Note I did not say - "attack" - although I guess - in a way - it was ?
I doubt the TRUTH will ever be known about the "who's and whys" of the event -  and in the end - like most things - it does not matter
Mankind - and life as we knew it - was significantly altered that day
History "shifted"
Today I AM reflecting back on the past decade
Today I am reflecting back on the past year
Today I am reflecting back on the past month
Today I am reflecting back on the past week
And today I am reflecting back on the past day ...
I AM pondering "circumstances"
This past decade is one that I would truly like to "forget" ( or at least move on from )
This past year falls into much the same category
The past month - well - it has been a "growing" experience
As sedentary and cautious as I have been I have learned that my soul - and my spirit - are "OK"
Validation has come from everywhere ...
The past week has been like a "pause before the storm" - but I feel like it is going to be in a GOOD storm ...
And this past day - yesterday - was a pure JOY !
Yesterday I participated in Karl's 12 ways at Skydive Deland
I was actually invited ...
In fact - this was the second time !
It was a GREAT Day
My flying wasn't "the best" but I learned a lot about exiting the plane in a group ( both as a rear float and as a diver ) , I learned and practiced my group tracking and landing approach and I engaged myself socially with others ( ALL of which I met with a fair amount of success )
Florida is giving me so many affirmations that I am - in fact - "ok"
Yesterday - I feel like a "connected" back with "society"
I remembered that I do not have to be part of it to be part of it and I am only hurting myself if I continue to withdrawl.
None of this journey has been - or will be - "easy" - but ... I really "feel" I am "on the right path"
Skydiving is something I do not want to let go of ...
Skydiving is something deep in my soul
Skydiving makes my spirit "smile"
Skydiving shows me the lessons
Skydiving

No comments:

Post a Comment